We are highly experienced in assisting our clients to identify the source of diverted products, and unauthorised internal activity.
We have worked in most industries that have grey market issues. Cerberus has assisted brand owners by gathering evidence, to allow the client to resolve their internal and external issues. Some of the strategies used when conducting these investigations are as follows:
- Identifying the supply chain from the end seller to the source, to gather evidence and expose the manufacturers to legal or other remedies.
- We make trap purchases or obtain samples, together with offers to supply, to use as evidence.
- We have various front companies that we use to make covert trade approaches.
- We conduct market surveys to highlight specific problems in the market place.
- We have commissioned forensic analysis of products and packaging to assist with our research.
- We have provided evidence for seizure and destruction orders of infringing products.
We can assist the client in choosing, and liaising with, local lawyers – for difficult territories where they do not usually have any IP expertise.
We have conducted research projects in the following territories:
Algeria, Antigua, Australia, Austria, The Balearic Islands, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, The Canary Islands, China, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Dubai, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy Japan, Jersey, Korea, Morocco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia and the former Russian countries, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South America, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and USA.